Kangaroo Kids is an upscale children's and maternity resale shop, retail children's boutique, and lactation support center. We are looking for an energetic candidate who loves people, resale, and all things baby. As a Kangaroo Kids Sales Associate you will be responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service standards, generating sales, merchandising, and safeguarding company assets all while engaging with other parents in this children’s and maternity resale store. Our team members enjoy a happy and fun atmosphere, good work/life balance, and an employee discount!
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer while maintaining solid product knowledge
- Serve as a consultant by identifying the customer's various needs and then making recommendations based on Kangaroo Kids various solution options; aid customers in locating merchandise throughout the store
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements and drive sales with those in mind; assist in the implementation of company marketing plans
- Fulfill online orders for pickup or shipping
- Use app-based product photography to upload merchandise to our online selling platform
- Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, and housekeeping; monitor floor stock to then process and replenish as required
- Communicate customer requests to management
- Participate in year-end inventory
- Assist in ringing up sales at registers and/or bagging merchandise
- Have detailed knowledge of buying resale inventory and use to implement smart buying practices
- Demonstrate and communicate the benefits of baby wearing
- Perform bra fittings and sales
- Serve as a knowledgeable breastfeeding advocate; provide technical knowledge on breast pump use and guidance on breast pump rental
- Perform store opening and closing shift duties as well as to conduct mid-day shift tasks
- Strong sense of customer service and retail sales
- Retail experience is a plus
- Must project positive energy while engaging with staff/customers and have stellar communication, organizational, and multi-tasking skills.
- Basic knowledge of simple math; strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Ability to self motivate
- Must be able to work on a part-time basis (25-30 hours per week) and available to work 4 to 8 hour shifts (Mon - Sat, 10 am - 6 pm and Sun 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm)
$15 hourly & $200 hiring bonus (after 30 days).
About Kangaroo Kids
Kangaroo Kids is an upscale children's and maternity resale shop, retail children's boutique, and lactation support center. For over 27 years, we have been committed to being a reliable resource in our community for gently loved and affordable children's and maternity/motherhood products; as well as being a center of support for moms and moms-to-be through our classes and support groups. In 2020, we expanded to online selling of all of our resale and retail inventory which has given us the ability to reach customers across the country. It's an exciting time at Kangaroo Kids! Come join the fun!