If it doesn’t work in yours or your child’s closet anymore, it might be exactly what someone else is looking for! Kangaroo Kids is always adding top-notch items to our ever changing, gently loved inventory.
Our buying is brand and quality driven to ensure an excellent shopping experience for our customers. We hand pick every item to make sure our entire inventory is current and in great condition. The choosier we are when buying, the better selection you will have when you shop! If you would buy it at Kangaroo Kids, chances are someone else would, too!
Please remember that all items must be:
- Odor free
- Free of stains, tears, and missing buttons.
- Free of wash wear: fading, pilling, cracking.
Please note that we do not buy clothing from smoking households.
What do we buy?
- Children’s clothing, newborn to size 12, maternity clothes, children’s shoes, strollers, swings, pack ‘n plays, bouncy seats and other baby equipment and furniture, children’s books, and large and small toys.
- Name brands for kids such as Zutano, Euro Brands, Tea, KicKee Pants, Kissy Kissy, Aden + Anais, Hanna Andersson, babyGap, GapKids, Gymboree, Carters, Ralph Lauren, and Mini Boden and more.
- For our pregnant mamas, we look for brands such as Motherhood, Mimi Maternity, Olian, Asos, Japanese Weekend, and Michael Stars.
- All gear: cribs, changing tables, and pack ‘n plays, etc. will be accepted only if in excellent condition and meet all current safety standards. Cribs must be fixed gate only. No drop side cribs will be accepted. Whenever possible, please include the owner’s manual and assembly instructions.
Baby gear is often recalled for minor problems. We cannot accept any recalled item for resale and will look up all equipment for recalls. To save time and effort, please do a quick recall search before bringing items to Kangaroo Kids. You can visit the Consumer Product Safety Commission at www.cpsc.gov to do a recall search.
When do we buy?
- We will look at ANY SEASON, ANYTIME, however, we primarily buy:
- Spring and summer clothing and footwear items from January to June
- Fall and winter clothing and footwear items from July through December
- All in-season items can be sold for cash or store credit, your choice.
- We will offer cash or store credit, your choice, for non-seasonal items (toys, gear and equipment) all the time.
Certain times of the year (end of season clearance) we offer store credit only. These times are typically the months of January and June.
This is a great deal because you get more for your items in store credit and it can be put on a gift card that never expires. These periods may vary so you may want to call us first if you want cash.
How much do you get?
- 50% of what we would sell equipment, furniture, and large toys for in cash.
- 30% of what we would sell clothing, shoes, and books for in cash.
- We will give you 20% more of the cash value in store credit that never expires. Store credit is added to the sellers account and is available ffor use in our shop and in our online store.
We pay more for high-end, sought-after brands in excellent condition, such as North Face, Uggs, Kissy Kissy, and KicKee Pants.