What do we buy?
- Gently loved children’s size preemie to 14 & maternity clothing, children’s shoes, baby equipment & books.
- Name brands (Euro Brands, Gap, Gymboree, Carters, Children’s Place, and others) and updated styles (within last 2 to 3 years preferably).
- No stains, tears, missing buttons, etc.
- Clothing must be clean, not wrinkled and ready to resell.
- We do not buy clothing from smoking households.
When do we buy?
- Anytime with no appointment necessary. We prefer no trash bags, please. If possible, we will go through your items on the spot while you wait. Sometimes we ask you to drop it off. Then we will call you the next day in most cases and you can come back at your convenience to settle up.
- We will look at any season, any time; however, we primarily buy:
Spring and Summer items from January to June for cash or store credit, your choice.
Fall and Winter items from July through December for cash or store credit, your choice.
Store Credit will be offered for off season inventory.
- Certain times of the year (end of season clearance) we offer store credit only. These times are usually mid-December thru January and Mid-June thru July.
This is a great deal because you get more for your items in store credit and it can be put on a gift card that never expires.
- These periods may vary so you may want to call us first if you want cash.
How much do you get?
- We will pay you 50% of what we would sell equipment for in cash.
- We will pay you 30% of what we would sell clothing items, shoes & books for in cash.
- We will give you 20% more of the cash value in store credit on a Kangaroo Kids Gift Card. This card never expires and is rechargeable each time you sell us items. Example: $15 in cash or $18 in store credit.
- We will pay more for excellent condition, high end and more sought after brands and styles: North Face, Uggs, Kissy Kissy, Kicky Pants, etc.
Please remember…the choosier we are when buying, the easier it is for you to have a great shopping experience at Kangaroo Kids.
Cribs, changing tables, pack-n-play’s will all be accepted if in excellent condition and meet all current safety standards. Cribs must be fixed gate only. No drop side cribs will be accepted. We cannot accept any recalled item for resale.
All gear and cribs should be of current style and meet all current safety standards.
Whenever possible, please include the owner’s manual and assembly instructions.
- Items requiring batteries should be brought in with batteries to demonstrate that they work. You may then take your batteries home with you if you like.
Baby gear is often recalled for minor problems. Please do a quick recall search before bringing items, however we do look up all equipment for recalls. You can do a search on the Consumer Product Safety Commission web site: http://www.cpsc.gov/